If you take a look at my post of a filament test between GITD PLA, Regular PLA and NinjaFlex, you can see how they compare. Also, if you check out the post "3rd Grade Space Night and Glow-in-the-dark Filament"...this is a nose cone that we printed for one of the students water rockets.
The first thing I noticed is that until the filament starts to flow consistently, it leave "hairs" as it goes. I clean them off the printer bed as quickly as I can. Once a solid bead of filament is extruded, I let it go. The second thing was that I needed to support the filament from the spool to the extruder because it is brittle...so I got a long straw and slide the filament through it.
Next I printed a snowflake. First with a large brim then with no brim. The one with out the brim was much more fragile and one of the sections of the snowflake cracked when I took it off the bed. Both had lots of "hair" but I kind of like it for the snowflake.
That's it so far. Like I said, decent results but I am sure I can clean it up a bit. Maybe change the travel time or play with the temperature.
Below are my settings. If you try something different that gets better results, please let me know.